Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day Twenty-Two: Grace abundant

When I first arrived in San Francisco (after spending a third of my natural lifespan in line at the car rental agency), I had a couple of hours to kill so I headed straight to Grace Cathedral.  It is SO beautiful there.  I had been once before for a few minutes but never had a chance to spend time exploring all by myself.







I didn't know if I was going to have enough time to visit here, so I didn't make any hands appointments, but I did take time to walk the labyrinth.   It was a wonderful holy time of prayer, unexpected in its depth.  There was a moment during my meditative walk when I felt absolutely sure that I was supposed to be there, right then.  That feeling helped me give up a lot of my anxiety about traveling, about sabbatical, about plans made and lost.  It was serendipitous and divinely purposeful, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment