Friday, July 1, 2011

Day Fifty One: Trinity St. Augustine

My other's first cousin, Lyn, lives in St. Augustine, Florida.  The family and I had the pleasure of visiting Lyn and her husband, Wayne, in their beautiful house.  The house is amazing, built by a boat builder with so many nooks and crannies, creative storage, incredible views of the Matanza Bay and the Castillo de San Marcos.  The house is a perfect mix of old and new and is the kind of place I could explore for days, just to get all of the details committed to memory.

I visited Trinity St. Augustine, the oldest Episcopal church in Florida, established in the 1820's.  I attended the Wednesday healing service with Lyn.  It was a lovely service and very well attended for a midweek service.  They have an intense period of healing ministry in the middle of the service that involves not only the priest but also several healing ministers from the congregation.  It is an impressive ministry.

Trinity is a beautiful parish, though I have no pictures to prove it because it is the site of my camera's final demise.  Luckily, I was able to get some project shots in before it went for good.  I am looking forward to getting home so that I can get it fixed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment